Bella Bethesda Salon are prepared to beat the heat. Whether you have ultra-curly coils or stick-straight locks, here are a few simple tips and tricks to maintain healthy hair all summer long.
• Stay hydrated: Just like you, your hair needs H2O to fight dryness. Especially for curls, avoid products that are alcohol based, which can dry out hair leading to breakage and frizz. Try Moroccan Oil Curl Cream to quench your coils and Redken Curl Spring Mousse to style.
• Sun-sational hair: It’s important to protect your hair from heat damage, whether from the sun or styling tools. Always apply a UV protection product such as Phyto Protective Beach Spray or Redken Color Extend Sun Shield. When blow drying your hair straight, use a natural bristle brush to help smooth frizz.
• Flotation device: Before jumping in the pool, make sure your hair is prepared. Wet hair and apply a leave-in conditioner so hair won't absorb chlorinated water. Afterwards, Redken Color Extend Sun Shampoo is a lifesaver and will remove chlorine and salt deposits.
• Summer styles: To avoid breakage, be sure to let hair dry before pulling up into a ponytail. For a quick fix, use bobby pins to pull sections of curls to the back of the head to create a cute updo. Tease hair in the crown before pulling back to create a more fashionable ponytail.
• What’s hot: Working with your hair’s natural texture during hot summer months has never been easier because beachy waves are in – at shoulder length or longer. Hair this length is great because it’s long enough to pull into a ponytail while still being manageable. Straightening options are also very popular in the summer, especially the Brazilian Keratin treatment and the Liscio smooth variation.