October 9, 2008

Say Yum: Cocktail Classes at EatBar

I've always wanted to take a bar tending class. Note I said "take a class" and not actually tend bar - I'd probably spill as much as I served and can't stand annoying drunks.

Which leads me to this amazing information crossing my inbox: one of my favorite mixologists, Gina Chersevani (of EatBar) is hosting a series of cocktail classes ...and they're less than a mile from my apartment!

Starting October 15, the hour long classes will teach participants how to use bar tools, create signature cocktails and pair the concoctions with food. (Each class also comes with snacks crafted by Executive Chef Andrew Markert).

At the end of each class, you'll go home with recipe cards and a jar of house-made bar garnish, (critical for further recreations).

Each class is an hour long and $48, or $220 for all five.

The schedule is below ... Deacon's deciding between the Witches Brew, Holidays Over Ice, or New Years classes ... leave a note to let us know which one you think we should attend!

EatBar’s Cocktail Class Schedule

October 15

Stocking the Home Bar

The Showdown: Gin vs. Vodka

October 29

Witches’ Brew

Contorted Concoctions

November 12

Thank God for Wild Turkey

Bourbons & Brines

December 3

Holidays Over Ice

Pairing Cocktails with Food

Easy Elegant Entertaining for a Crowd

December 17

A Toast to Remembering New Year’s

New Year Cocktails to Remember All Year

Champagne Cocktail Kit—Glasses, Garnishes and Champagne

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...