The Jefferson. In celebration of the Cherry Blossom Fest and in the spirit of Japan relief, the mixologists have designed a special Hanami Hibiscus Cherry Martini – and will dedicate 50% of revenue from the $19 drink to the American Red Cross relief efforts for Japan.
“We hope this small gesture will remind patrons of our shared commitment to support our friends in Japan, and that the donation will offer aid to those that need it most,” said Franck Arnold, managing director of The Jefferson.
Available during the capital’s National Cherry Blossom Festival (through April 10, 2011), the cherry-inspired concoction is the brainchild of head mixologist, Massimiliano Matte. 50% of the proceeds will go directly to the Red Cross. Want to recreate the concoction at home? Do this:
- 1 Orange Segment
- 1tsp Granulated Sugar
- 1oz Hibiscus Flower Infusion
- 1oz Pre-Made Cherry Mix
- 1oz Lemongrass-Cinnamon Infused Vodka
- 1 dash Licor 42
- Dust the rim of a chilled martini glass with lemongrass sugar
- Muddle orange and granulated sugar in shaker
- Add next four ingredients
- Shake well and strain into martini glass
- Add a “Red-Lightening Ice Cube” (a Jefferson Hotel-signature)
- Top with Prosecco
- Garnish with Vanilla Cotton Candy and fresh cherry blossoms