October 3, 2008

In Case You Missed It: Hot Men in White Pants

Tuesday night, I had the privilege of attending the Lone Sailor Dinner at the National Building Museum.

Check out my BIZBASH article on it.

A few thoughts:
  • It's such a pretty venue. The perfect backdrop for the grandeur of the event.
  • Spotted: Andy Baldwin. Yes, he looks better in uniform than in person.
    • 5 seconds later: Damn, he's short. And not very talkative. (Ensue 20 minutes of my standing there as he schmoozes Admirals and we wait to go upstairs).
  • Food: yum.
    • 5 seconds later: Tarte tatin would have been better warm.
  • To the lovely wife of the commander seated to my right: you're a saint for putting up with so many moves.
    • 5 seconds later: I wonder if I can ask if she watches Army Wives too.
  • Speeches begin: damn, can't Arnold Palmer go first so I can hurry up and leave.
    • 5 seconds later: snooooozefest. I don't know these people. But good for them to get an award.
  • 9:30: time to go home. I have to write this article.
    • 5 seconds later: mmmm, cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a little disappointed that there are no pictures of the hot men in white pants.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...